Sissybug's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
sissybug
New User

Sissybug's Case History

Postby sissybug » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:22 pm

I was diagnosed with c-diff in September 2008. I was in the hospital for nine days. When they sent me home, they gave me liquid vancomyocin. One week after completing medication, I am back in the ER. They gave me flagyl and sent me home. The next day my general doc tells me he is re-admitting me into the hospital...C-diff. I go in on October 26th and am released on the 30th. This time they have me on vanco and flagyl. I finished my round of meds, and one week later, you guessed it, sick again. This time they send me to a local pathologist, and he puts me on vanco for a month! One week, and I am back in the ER! Same stuff different day! December 20th, they gave me flagyl and sent me home! I finished the meds on January 3rd 2009. Three days later, I am back to having the same problems. I seen the pathologist today(jan 8th), he told me he thinks I now have severe IBS, to contact my gastro/intestinal doctor. I have seen that others have suffered far worse than I have, but is there an end to all this painful matter? Maybe
sissybug
sissybug

sissybug
New User

Amost c-diff free

Postby sissybug » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:59 am

Well, since the last time I updated, I have been back in the hospital again the last week of January, I was there for another seven days. I have been on pulse dosing eversince. I have made it eight days straight without vano, before I had to start taking it again! That is a great improvement for me. I don't get nowhere near as sick as I use to with out the vanco. My doctor gave me a script to keep on hand, for just incase it comes back. I am sticking to the three day rule, before I start taking the vanco. Thanks to all those that have helped me keep my head up.
sissybug

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:05 pm

probiotics?

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Have they thought about chasing it with xifaxan? Thats what finally worked for me. It doesnt work for everyone though but it did for me.. I did all kinds of vanco regimens and fiannly got a new doctor that had me do a total of 20 days of xifaxan. Good luck..

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”