DonnaCN's New Case

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
DonnaCN
Brand New Poster

DonnaCN's New Case

Postby DonnaCN » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi all,
I have been reading this post since returning to work mid October. I am 46 years old, healthy female with two children and a husband. I had D for two weeks before finally going to the hospital on October 2nd with fever, severe pain in stomach and hallucinations. I let it go too long because I really didn't think anything of it.. Just thought it was a gastro problem and would go away!. Upon arriving at the hospital on Saturday the doctors did a number of tests never thinking that it was C-Diff. I had not used antibiotics in the last few years (am never sick).... They have no idea where I got it. I guess this illness is getting out into the community.

After a colonoscopy and tests the doctors concluded that I had severe C-Diff and started me on Vanco and Flagyl. I was also given pain medicine and Benco as I was in excruciating pain. After the vanco and Flagyl started to work I was released home. I stayed home for another week and then returned to work. I finished the first course of antibiotics and two weeks later the pain, D, returned. I knew that I had C-Diff again. MY GI doctor gave me Vanco for 18 weeks...... Long time. I am on a weening program. First two weeks I took 4 a day. The second two weeks it is 3 and so on. I am on the 3rd week now and am still feeling bad. I don't have severe pain, but do have irritable bowel problems which I never had before this illness.

Over Thanksgiving I overdid the eating part and am paying for it. I am only hoping that the C-Diff goes away on this lengthy course of Antibiotics. Just wondering why I still feel so bad while on the antibiotics..... Thanks, Donna

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”