Geonan's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
geonan5565
Brand New Poster

Geonan's Case History

Postby geonan5565 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:13 pm

I was first diagnosed with C-Diff in February after taking 19 days of 3 different antibiotics for an ear and sinus infection. I spent 3 days in the hospital with the first bout. 2 weeks later I was in another hospital with C-Diff....I had to have 6 bags of potassium as my level was so low due to the diarrhea. I spent 11 days in the hospital this time. I had to have two GI doctors..the first ordered a colonscopy to see if there was something there that was a problem...none there....and due to the cleaning out of all the good bacteria in my system....A month after my release, I was back in the hospital with C-Diff...four bags of potassium and 8 days later, I was allowed to go home. By this time, I was very weak and about 10 pounds lighter. The Month of May was great...I was getting stronger and wanted to do some spring cleaning....June saw another bout of C-Diff but it was a very weak bout and didn't require me to be admitted to the hospital. During the entire time, I was washing my bathroom down with Clorox, washing my hands, and doing all the precautions that were recommended. After the 3rd bout, I started taking Acidolophis tablets 3-4 times a day and found some on the internet that have 3 billion cells in them. Currently I am taking 3 tablets twice a day..or 18 billion cells of probiotics daily. I have all my energy back and even went wakeboarding in August. I will continue to take the probiotics for at least another year and possibly for the rest of my life...I definitely do NOT want to have another bout........but the UP note is that I am C-DIFF FREE for now and hopefully forever. Biggest recommendations are...WASH WASH WASH your hands and take probiotics. There is hope for those with C-Diff.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”