Buffy D

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
BuffyD
Brand New Poster

Buffy D

Postby BuffyD » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:17 am

I received clindamycin for an oral infection about 4 weeks ago. Within 5 days of the antibiotic use I began to have mild symptoms but nothing alarming. Two weeks ago everything got worse in the middle of the day. I had even cleaned house that morning. I went to the doctor and had cultures done. The doc told me that there was no need to avoid clindamycin in the future. I went to work the next day. That was the only day I was able to go to work that week.

A couple of days later I went to see my own physician who had ordered new cultures. Within a day I was diagnosed with C. Difficile by my primary care physician. I received a 10 day, twice a day prescription of Flagyl. By the morning of day three on the meds the severe cramping and severe symptoms had subsided greatly.

Today is day 2 off of the meds. I had almost a full dinner tonight for the first time with my friends and I was delighted. Some mild discomfort and lots of gas, but so far so good. The nights are still uncomfortable. I am praying I do not have to do another round of meds. I began Culturelle on Friday, one a day, and I eat yogurt with lactobascillus almost daily. Here and there I drink Yakult. I hope these are good ideas.

I miss my wine a few nights a week and my dessert the most. Not to mention the fresh veggies and fruits, but I plan to take it slowly so that I can see which foods cause the most discomfort.
Buffy D.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”