Jenny's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
JenRenee5
New User

Jenny's Case History

Postby JenRenee5 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is my very first post here. I have been suffering with severe C Diff. for about 3 months now. It all started when I had a sinus infection, they gave me amoxocillan to get rid of it. Then, I had a kidney infection for which they also gave me cipro. Next, in the journey was a depp cleaning at the dentist where I got an infection from one of the numbing shots for which they prescribed me Clindamycin HCL..which I had never heard of. A few weeks after finishing the Clindamycin, I started noticing differences in my BM's and a lot of stomach pains. Went to the gastro and it took about 3 weeks for them to figure out what it was. Before they knew it was Cdiff they put me on Cipro..then prescribed me levaquin which i didn't take because the very next day they called me with the cdiff news and told me not to take it. So, I started on the flagyl..took it for ten days. Three days after stopping the medication I had a relapse or either it didn't help at all. So they prescribed the flagyl again..which i didn't get to take because I ended up in the ER (that day I had 22 bowel movements ) and they prescribed Vanco which was great it gave me no side effects. I've been off of the vanco now for about two weeks and haven't had any watery stools. However, my stomach still feels abnormal..not like it was before all of this. I have been taking acidophillus w/bifidus everyday and have been eating a lot of yogurt. I haven't had a test yet to verify that the C diff. is gone. If I go back to the doctor I will be going to a different one because I was very unhappy with the last. If anybody has any words of advice or information I'd greatly appreciate it. This has been a horrible 3 months. I would never which this sickness on anyone. Its a miserable and lonely disease. To anyone suffering out there, keep your head up and know that eventually you will be okay! Thats what I tell myself.

Jenny

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”