JuneyB's case history

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
juneyb
New User

JuneyB's case history

Postby juneyb » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:13 am

Hi all...I had a nasty abcessed tooth and was treated with clindamyacin. It seemed to do little to help, in fact the infection went under my jawbone within a few days, so the dentist changed the rx to keflex. For rwo days things were fine but then I broke out suddenly with a red, itchy, bumpy rash on my face and felt a little tight in my chest. I saw my pcp's associate who said I had a 'delayed allergic reaction'. I am allergic to penicillin which happened similarly but with red, itchy welts over all over my body. So he rx'd erythromyacin and took me off keflex. He asked if I had diarrhea and it seems whenever I take antibiotics I get yucky diarrhea so I didn't think of anything about going to the bathroom many times a day with orange poo...sorry tmi.. But he said he needed to check for c diff. He just called and said it was positive for c diff in 2 different tests, so rx'd flagl. Well, I have heard folks talk about using flagl and having c diff but this is new to my life. My gut hurts and I am nauseous.

He asked if the facial rash/chest tightness is gone...it is not. He had put me on zyrtec for daytime and benedryl at nightime. I still have the rash and tightness. The dr said it might take some time for those to go away.Now I am supposed to go on a course of prednisone. So I am on erythromyacin for 5 more days for the dental infection, flaygl starting today and the meds for the allergic reaction.

So does all this sound reasonable? Should I be taking probiotics? I am greatly adverse to starting prednisone. I have had to take it off and on for flares of rheumatoid arthritis and it just makes things hellish, imo...to say nothing of yeast infections and watching blood sugars.

JuneyB

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”