Texas Lady's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
texaslady
New User

Texas Lady's Case History

Postby texaslady » Wed May 21, 2008 12:34 pm

This is my first post, and thank heavens I found this website. It has only been the last few days I have been able to sit at the computer. My story is like many others, took antibiotic for a sinus infection and then several months later took clindamycin for an abscessed tooth. Three weeks later the big D started and was not eased with Immodium, after four days of it my husband took me to the ER. They immediately suspected c diff. I spent a week in the hospital on the flagyl, nasty stuff, then a week at home on it. Then on the Vanco. After three weeks, the test came back negative and the doctor told me to stop taking the vanco cold turkey. As you can well imagine I am terrified to stop taking it. I have only this week decided I am going to live. I have been drinking Kefir, taking acodphilus, eating bland food, I do like the 12 pound weight loss, but that is the only positive thing out of this. I guess I have to go off the Vanco and see what happens. It is comforting to read others stories to know there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Texaslady

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”