CW's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
JennyWest
Brand New Poster

CW's Case History

Postby JennyWest » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:42 pm

CW is my son and is 8 years old. He has a mild case of c.diff. , I say mild because he only has a problem in the morning and not all day long. I believe he has had this about 2 years, we just didn't know what it was. He tested positive about 3-4 weeks ago (end of march 2008). After reading many of the case histories here, I decided to try natural things first- since it didn't sound like the antibiotics really cured much.
so far for 2 weeks there is improvement but not cured. He will go from 2-4 days with a regular bm and then a not so good day or two.
This is what he is taking:
Acidophilus chewable 1 with each meal
Papaya Enzyme 1x/day
Colostrum capsule mixed into an activia yogurt 1x/day
2 Tbs of Aloe vera juice mixed in his juice 1x/day
1 Ensure/day

He does better on a pretty bland diet. BRAT diet of bananas, rice, apples, and toast (better with Ezekiel Bread). When he goes off of this diet too much he does worse. Also, I thought for the longest that he was lactose
intolerant, and have taken him off of milk for the time being. When he has had ice cream, it usually makes him sick.
Today, I bought Florastor for Kids and will start trying that tonight.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”