Trish's case history.

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:49 am

Began Sept 2004 with severe diarrhea (all water), fever of 101.5, muscle pain, migraine headaches, increased bowel sounds. Admitted to hospital October 21st with severe dehydration, left upper quadrant pain, severe aches and pains all over. Diagnosis was severe Gastroenteritis. <BR>Was given IV 0.9% normal saline, clear liquid diet and I.V. antibiotics (Tequin) Colonoscopy was done with "normal" findings. C-Diff cultures were negative. Discharged after 1 week with diarrhea decreasing. Sent home with antibiotics (Augmentin) Lomotil, Librax. Within 5 days I was sicker than ever. GI doctor who treated me while in the hospital said he didn't really know what else he could do for me. Went to a well known clinic about 100 miles from home in Santa Barbara, Ca. Diagnosed with C-Diff. Their stool culture came back positive. Put on Vancomycin 250 mg QID for 14 days. Much better after that until 9th day, then severe relapse with fever 103, diarrhea, muscle pain etc. Now just finished a taper down dose of Vancomycin totalling 57 pills. Now waiting and hoping the beast is gone.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”