Megan Kappel (Case history)

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:52 am

I am currently 24 years old. This is how it all started for me. <BR> <BR>1999: My father had severe diarrhea during his last days. I was extremely sick and contracted infectiuos mono that mimic leukemia. I believe he had c diff and that I may have gotten it from him but really not possible? <BR> <BR>1999-2002 numerous infection. Had mono for almost 2 years, several strep throats, and in 2002 walking pnemonia. <BR> <BR>2003: took zirthomax for walking pnemonia, 3 sessions of it. Got diarrhea instantly, but ignored it. Unforntunally it was too late. Was tested for C diff several times but all were negative. Dr's put me on Flagyl anyways. Was sent to allergist for additional testing. I guess they thought that is why I was so sick. Good for a month then diarrhea back. Tried 6 times then last test came back possitive in june 2004. Went to GI in August was put back on Flagyl for the 8th time. Lasted one week even with Diflucan. Will start Vanco this week. I am really scared. Just hope this works. talk to you later

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:55 am

I do believe the only thing that made me through it all was Donnatal. I never ended in the hospital or emergency room because I had that medicine.

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:24 pm

I have had C diff for a long time. Almost 2 weeks ago I started Flagyl. But instead of giving me a feeling better effect, it made me worse. I vomitted for a solid week along with the diarrahe. I took diflucan that entire week and it never got rid of the thrush, I recieved from the flagyl. I stopped it a little of a week and started Vanco. I can't say I feel better. But I don't feel worse either. I am not sure that I have side effects. I lost my hunger feeling, I don't crave very much. I think I am eating close to 1000 calories a day. Sometimes not even that. When I do eat, not even an hour later I feel sick. Sick to my stomach, hot and just the feeling of laying down. I feel like I am craving water. I drink over 10 glasses a day if not more. It feel unbareble at times. Is this the medicine or C diff? I am really scared and I hope someone can help me.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:12 pm

I have to say my vacation had to be one of the worst. I never imagined being so sick and trying to make it through. I was on vanco for 5 weeks. Suppose to be 6 weeks, but I couldn't keep the pills down the last week. My GI says it is not normal for vommitting. I will have the scopes this wednesday.

mlkappel
Brand New Poster

A year ago

Postby mlkappel » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:23 pm

Hi all,

I am now 25. And I am C Diff free. It has been one tough year. I still have the symptons and I will probably never recover from the past year of bowel problems. They seem to stay with you. But after having that infection I seemed to get everything else. Due to the bacterial infection I know have IC and started Elmiron yesterday. So I guess we will see......

megan
silverbullet

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”