Valerie's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:44 pm

Hello to everyone, <BR> <BR>I aquired C-Diff in October 2003 after taking Cipro for a UTI. I was put on Flagyl which made me feel like death. I could not eat anything. My weight dropped from 134 to 110 in about 2 weeks. I also had horrible tingling in my arms which would not go away. <BR>I ended up being hospitalized on my birthday and wedding anniversary for severe dehydration. While in the hospital was put on Vanco for 5 days only. Felt a little better, started eating was sent home only to relapse two days later. Was put on Vanco 3 times, relapsing each time two days after finishing treatment. In February 2004, I finally had enough and contacted Sharyn about infusions. I also had great support from Dorothy who has been an angel through all this. Did 10 infusions and had remarkable results. Unfortunately I can't say I am fully cured. I still had to do what Sharyn calls "pop up infusions" about once a week for awhile, then every other week. Am now doing one infusion about every third week. I feel like my life has been restored to me. I have gained back all my weight and my energy level is almost back where it used to be. Thank god for people like Sharyn and Dr Borody who are willing to try things that others would think was too distasteful to try when all else fails. I love this site and would hate to think where I would have been without it. Love and good health to everyone!!

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”