Dina's case history

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:37 pm

In December of 2003, I was in Mexico with my family and was prescribed some antibiotic for a bacterial infection in my sinuses. By the time I returned to the states in January, I had a nasty sinus infection and bronchitis, and was prescribed a sulfur antibiotic, and given a shot in my bum. About 7 days later, my sinus infection was raging, totally unphased by the antibiotics, but I also had developed nasty diarrhea. Called the doctor, who wouldn't see me for three days. By that point, I was blacking out when I stood up and my resting pulse was 135 I was so dehydrated. [meanwhile trying to care for my 1 1/2 year old daughter alone while my husband was out of town]. They put me on two days of IV, but only sent a stool sample to the lab when I demanded that they do so. Although they told me the first afternoon that I had "c.diff" no one told me what it was and they put me on yet another IV antibiotic. Then they sent me home with Cipro and flagyl for 14 days. About 6 days after I finished the flagyl, the symptoms returned and I had to go to urgent care where someone finally explained to me what this illness was and put me on 14 days of Vanco and 30 of Questra. It came back about 6 days after I stopped the vanco, despite my loading up on probiotics. Now I'm on round 4, trying to convince my doctor to let me try Lauren's pulsing method. I was also taken off questra this round, this doctor believing that questra might be binding the vanco.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”