Jacques case history

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:35 am

I was very sick with a sinus infection and a fever of 104+. For someone in their 30's this is not good. I went to the doctor and I got an anti-biotic (can't remeber the name) and it gave me severe stomach cramps after 3 days. I then went on 5 days of Suprax. The end result was a very bad experience of very bad smelling mucous diareah about a 10 days later. My bowels were painful and I felt like I had to deficate 4-6 times a day. I was diagnosed with C-Diff and had to go on Flagyl for 7 days. Things improved but it came back a week after. <BR> <BR>Flagyl makes you feel absolutelly rotten. I could'nt think straight and felt very un-well the entire time. I really had to force myself to take it as my body was saying NO. I found I had to coat the pills in butter to get them down after a while. I had to go on another round (7 days) of Flagyl which I was not happy with. This stuff causes cancer in rats but I guess they think it is okay for people. I was tested soon after the last dose and C-Diff came back negative. My bowels still did not feel good and I looked for S. Boulardi. I could only get Primal Defense and took this for 2 months. I had to be careful where i went as a bathroom needed to be near for about 3 months. My bowels were really messed up. Pain and cramping for 6 months. I was told to just let it ride out and things would improve. I came to this site and found a lot of good idea's. I studies my diet and found that Milk products caused the worst symptoms. I can no longer drink or eat milk products of any kind without pain, boating, and difficulty passing gas from restriction or swelling of the bowel. I don't have diareah or constipation though. Soymilk and margarine are good alternatives. My bowel is still a bit crampy but 95% better until I acidentally eat cheese or something. So now I am lactose intolerant after 8 months and still not 100%. <BR> <BR>This is what anti-biotics do to you when they are missused by Doctors. Some have a less chance of causing this from what I understand. I will be very reluctant to touch an anti-biotic ever again. This has not and is not a pleasant experience. It has changed my life but I really hope I can drink and eat milk products again. A physician told me it is temporary but I have a hard time believing it. I don't know what to do now. I think I will go to the doctor again and give my story because I am still not 100%. I hope there is not any long term damage because that is what it feels like. <BR> <BR>I am lucky, I understand many people get much sicker than I did /am. I have been healthy all my life and I learned the hard way what Suprax will do to you. So I guess my advice is to monitor your diet if you still have problems after your C-Diff is gone. Stop all milk products to see if that is a problem. I seem to also have a wheat alergy now too but it only causes skin irritations. When I say all milk that means ANYTHING with Lactose or milk biproducts including milk chocolate and butter. <BR> <BR>Good luck and think you for this site. At least someone is listening and talking about this!

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”