Kim - new to site - c-diff lifer

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:09 pm

Hi - I've had c-diff for - well since 97 near as I can tell. When first diag'd I was treated with vancomycin. That got things under control. Since then I have may an episode a week, give or take depending on what and where I eat. Fiber makes things worse and a salad bar is a sure thing for a day in the john. Unfortunately for me I love salads... I have found that if I stay on the Atkin's eating plan - I have less flare ups. But it's a boring way to live and tough to stick to. Some of you may find this helpful though - especially those of you who are severe. I am not on all the pills and maintenance like I've seen on the discussion baord and feel very blessed to only suffer once a week or so. Some of you live with this every day. I know how you feel. <BR> I contracted the disease when a bad dentist gave me an anti-biotic for what we thought was an infection under a filling. After a few days the pain was still there so he advised me to stop the medicine. (What do I know? He's supposed to be the smart guy.) Anyway - turns out he'd shattered my jaw and now I have this. My jaw is healed but my tummy is forever just a cramp away. <BR> I found this site when looking for new info on living with the disease. I'll be glad to find out how I can help myself here. I am no longer under medical supervision.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”