MicheleL's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:50 am

Have been looking at this board for three months now and I wanted to share my story with you. <BR> <BR>Over three months ago I had taken Cipro for a simple UTI and usually I have been allergic to many antibiotics and Cipro was no exception. I had very bad nervous reaction to it with many panic attacks. This is totally not me because I am a very calm and happy person. <BR> <BR>Anyway, five days later I started to have very bad upset stomach, chills, back pain and I spent nights in the bathroom. GP's thought I had the flu and sent me home. Eventually I dehydrated and ended up in the hospital. At the hospital they gave me a course of Flagyl to take and after two weeks at the end of that course I had relapsed. At the time I asked my doctor about a special diet or probiotics and he said that the medicine should take its course and there is nothing else required. After the second round of Flagyl I had relapsed after two weeks off the Flagyl and I asked my doctor again about the diet ect… He said that again it was not necessary. <BR> <BR>Finally I smarted up and when the doctor put me on Vanco I had sought advice from a nutritionist as well as a massage therapist and went to see a G.I.. This board also helped me to find probiotics such as Primal Defense. (So far I have noticed a difference with the combination of diet change, Primal Defense, massage/visualization therapy and Vanco.) The G.I had told me that there is a Hospital out here that is overcome with C.Diff. patients and this strain is particularly bad. My hope is that this brings attention to the medical field and I am hoping that doctors will now pay attention to this outbreak. I feel that this will get worse and if it is ignored it will continue to affect the rest of the population. I feel sorry for anyone who has to go through this. I sympathize. This is such a great board and I will continue to be here. Thanks!!

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:24 am

Wanted to give an update. After my 21 days of Vanco 125/4X/day I was off Vanco when I relapsed 10 days later. This brought me to Christmas Eve. I was able to get more Vanco until today when the nurse had taken it upon herself to take me off of Vanco saying that I have had enough and didn't consult the doctor about this. Luckily, I have an appointment with my G.I. on Thursday and I will talk to him about this. <BR> <BR>I am taking 12 Primal Defenses/day and 3 bottles of Bio-K and 2 Whey Protein shakes/day. This combo does help me but I still have pain in my left side and some days I go much more then others. Wow am I tired. Basically I am working to pay for all the probiotics/medicines and procedures. Needless to say I am really mad. I will be giving myself until April with this doctor and if he is not helping I will search for a place close by to do fecal infusions.

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:22 pm

Wanted to give an update on my 6-week anniversary of being C.Diff symptom free. I feel great and my strength has returned. It does get better. I still find that I need to avoid certain foods and eat healthy but that's okay. I really feel what cured me is the combination of Whey protein shakes, Primal Defense and BioKPlus. I am still drinking the shakes and take 3 PD/day and 2 BioK/day. If I were to look back I really think it was the BioK that put me back on track. Good luck to you all.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”