Linda S.

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:00 pm

I took an antibiotic for a sinus infection and got diarreha after two days. I stopped the antibiotic but the diarrhea didn't stop for a week. It quit for 3 days and then started again with bad cramps. I finally went to the doctor when I saw blood and really bad cramps. She told me I had c-dif; a result of bacterial overgrowth due to the antibiotic. I took flagl and it worked. After doing some research I figured out what also contributed to my condition. I spend time at a nursing home where my mother lives and I give her showers because she won't let the staff do it. I have found feces on the shower floor and had to complain. However now I know better to use rubber gloves but feel paranoid about a relapse. I do feel fine now but my bowel habits have changed. Now I go several times a day when I only use to go once or not every day. I seem to have an urgency. When I have to go it is right away.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”