George's Case Hitory

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.

George's Case Hitory

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:54 am

My name is George and I have been diagnosed with the C- Difficile toxin type A about three weeks ago. <BR>I am 58 years old and basicaly healthy with hipothyroism under control with synthroid and occasional prostate inflamation. <BR>When my prostate acts up, I have been prescibed Cipro or Tequin(4 days) for about 5 years now. <BR>After a four day treatment of Tequin(500MG per day) about 3 days later I began to be affected with extreme diarrhea that was laced with mucus and ssome blood. After the third day with almost no relief from Imodium AD or Pepto bismol,my Doctor directed me to go to the Emergency room of the Hospital with a stool sample.I was diagnosed with the C difficile toxin A, found in my stool sample. <BR>My Doctor prescibed Metronidazole(500Mg) 3 times a day for 10 days.I was fine during the 10 days treatment except for that bad metal taste in my throat(I am told tjis is normal and will go away after a while).4 days after finishing the treatment and celebrating the weekend with a moderate amount of Scotch, my symptoms returned although not as bad.My Doctor put me back on the Metronidazole(Flagil)500MG only twice a day for 10 more days.I was again fine during the treatment. <BR>Again 4 days after the treatment,and after dining on a vegetable meadley of Brocoli,Cauliflower,Squash,Carrots,Green beans and spinash to rebuild my strength,the diarrhea came back but was controled with PeptoBismol. <BR>My Doctor blamed it on the vegetable mix and prescribed the Metronidazole 250MG (Twice a day)but to wait and take it only if the diarrhea has not subsided after two more days or gets worse. <BR>It has been 4 days and the diarrhea has not come back although my colon is somewhat irritated. <BR>This illness has so far prevented me from spending the holidays with my Children in Europe or with my sister in Sydney as I do not want to be on an airplane for many hours in case this problem returns. <BR>I am told that the Europeans are very successfull with the "Human feces" natural cure for this disease.Does any one have any information on this treatment? I am thinking of trying it next time I am in Paris if I do not shake this problem soon. <BR><BR>[Guest Posted by: 'George']

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”