Fire7163's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Fire7163's Case History

Postby fire7163 » Sun May 27, 2007 1:58 am

It started with an OJI involving a major laceration to my knee in a gutter full of fresh cow manure. The ER Doc's put 1 staple in the 5 inch laceration so it could drain and immediately started me on the max of IV Rosecifeveron and the max of oral Cipro they could give. Totally wiped out my GI system and caused Optical Migraines...shortly after the digestive issues started. Originally thought to be Divert.( and they were looking for cancer ...didn't find any) ....8 colonoscopies, biopsies, and a year and 1/2 later they removed lapriscopically 10 inches of my colon... 4 months after surgery they sampled for C-diff..positive...did numerous doses of Flagryl and the C-diff kept coming back..moved to Vanco 3 months ago pulse dosed for 6 weeks and chased it with Xifaxan for 30 days with Florastor...been drug free for 30 days..we'll see. My biggest complaints are the energy roller coaster, feeling like you've got the flue...non crisp vision at times and the abdominal spasms that come and go. Bowel movements are solid and 3 to 4 times a day with no mucus or blood. That has never been an issue. Still working as a career Firefighter/Medic, although some days I've really got to suck it up to make the shift.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”