Wilma's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:23 pm

Several years I have had diarrhea in 2000,was diagnose with irritable bowel syndrome.No one every tested my stools on me. <BR>Feb.-26-2001-Had staff in a breast-was put on 10-days of shots for FORTAX,after 10-days the staff was still there. <BR>March-8-2001-Admit to the hospital,started IV of FORTAX every 4-hrs. for 3-days.after testing me,the staff was still . <BR>March-19-2001-Had surgery to remove the tumor put me on FORTAX IV again while in surgery.After surgery was put on more antibiotics because of infection for a monlth.Since Feb.-2001-June-28-2001 still having diarrhea.I got so weak I went to my family doctor to see what was wrong with me. <BR>June-29-2001-FINAL a stool test was done. <BR>July-5-2001-Stool test came back positive for CDifficie.Was started on VANCOCIN 125mg. 2xday for 10 days.NOT away did I have diarrhea,some was formed even a stool test time.Was nausea low grade fevers very sharp pain on right side,burning on the right side,Metal taste in my mouth,cold sweats and chilies. If I would set up for awhile pain on right side would increase and the burning would increase.Feet feel like needles in them and sweeling. <BR>Have to eat small meals.Also had to piece on crackers,to help with nausea.Then the bad headaches started not sure why,maybe from my blood sugar was dropping Does anyone known about this?Or from the medcine.I was contagious so NO could come in my home. I wash my hands and used bleach to disfected areas (bathroom-Kitchen). <BR>July-18-2001-Time for another stool test.Came back still cdifficile (formed stool NO diarrhea ) <BR>July-19-2001-Started FLAGYL for 10-days. The side effect were AWFUL.Nothing had changed with my symptoms were the same. <BR>July-27-2001-I was get worse called my GI doctor,meet with him,he started me on BELLADONN PS 16.2mg.-every 4 hrs.PROMETHAZINE 25mg.every 6-hrs.(those pills would knock me out cold )ACIDOPHILES XTRA-4-day-CITRUCEL tablets 2-day-VANCOCINL250mg.cap-4xday for d-10-daysLACTINEX tab.3xday QUESTRAN powder1-scoop-2xday (which I have not started yet to much medcine for me to keep up with) <BR>July-30-2001-Stool test time again.Positive with CDifficile once again. Each week the symptoms are getting worse.You would take ALL that medcines and nothing would get better,just worse.A family member gave me the web sit for CDifficile support group.After reading the web,thing started to make since to me.I read all the case history on the old web site.So much information for ALL use to under stand what is going on with me. <BR>August-3-2001-Sores on the thong was started on DIFLUCAN 150mg.for only 3-days,1-tablet each day.That really helped my mouth. <BR>August-6-2001-GI done a FLEXIBLE signoidoscopy was normal.Felt I have a urineary tract infection coming on. <BR>GI started me on VANCOCIN125mg. 1st.-week4xday 2nd-week 2xday 3rd-week-1x day.Plus all the other medcine I was already on. <BR>August-8-2001-Urine test showed I had a urineary tract infection started on MACROBID 100mg.4xday.By body is really swelling I think of all the tonic posin in my system.Does anyone known anything about this? <BR>August-11-2001-Started lowering the from 250mg of VANCOCIN to 125mg. 4xday. Things really got WORSE. <BR>August-14-2001-So very sick fevers were getting worse cold sweat-pain sever on right side,burning,metal taste and the sweeling it was a night miorrow!So I went to cd web site read Bonnie case saw the specilize on CDIFFICILE in K.C.ares which is near my area,I called him and he told me to get to the hospital now.and up my VANCOCIN dose to 250mg.until I could get to the hospital. <BR>August-15-2001-Tryed to get to that hospital where the doctor was,but couldn't make it.So I stoped at the nearest hospital I could get to. <BR>Went to the ER room,I was naused -dehydrated-body temp below 96.4sever right pain,hight blood pressure and pluse rate was125.Gave me something for the nauses and started IV,did blood work, did abdomen series( Normal)CTabdomen (normal) My blood was not good.Then admitted me to the hospital,clear liquids. <BR>August-16-2001-IV still going -clear liquid diet.Time for another stool test (NEGATIVE)for cdifficile.Couldn't believe it,still had ALL the symptons.The doctors at that hospital STOP ALL MY MEDCINES.That really worried me,THe doctor said he would like to do a FULL SCOPE I said NO.So I was dismissed from the hospital to home. <BR>August-16-2001-The doctor in the KC area I called from the hospital that I was trying to get to,if Iget bad get someone to bring me to tha hospital not to drive.I see this doctor if not before Sept to see if he can help me.Thank you Bonnie for the information. <BR>I never heard of CDifficile before now,this web site has gave me so much information.THANK YOU ALL!!Glad I have this web site for support <BR>Have a good day. <BR>Wilma

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”