Jodie and Beau's Case History (as best as possible)

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Jodie
Regular Contributor

Jodie and Beau's Case History (as best as possible)

Postby Jodie » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:10 pm

Let's see. It all began when i was about 5 months pregnant. My ob/gyn (who looked all of 12 years old, everybody told me to get a new doc, but I didn't listen) would do a urine test every visit and would say "You sure have a lot of bacteria in your urine, lets give you some Macrobid. Was on Macrobid the entire preggie. Then at about 6 months preggie, she looked at my ankles, said they were infected, and gave me Keflex. Then she said I had yeast infections (alot, I guess from the antibiotics) so she prescribed me Fluconazole at least 4x. Around 7 month preggie I told her I was having diarrhea and pains in my belly and headaches and naseau, she then prescibed Augmentin and Cipro for 2 weeks. I kept complaining of the diarrhea, naseau, and now something that felt like heart burn was coming on . Therefore, she prescribed Protonix for the rest of my preggie. Also, Lomotil for the diarrhea. Needless to say had emergency c-sec at 8 months preggie and was given more antibiotics by IV. Went home from hospital and was feeling awful. Stupid me went back to her to complain of major stomach tenderness, cramps, diarrhea, naseua, headaches. She said i had ENDOMETRITIS! What the hell? Once again gave me Augmentin!!!! I was a pure mess. This last dosage of antibiotics set me off with the hives so I demanded to see another doctor. All he did was take me off all of the meds ( he was in disbelief while reading my chart at all the meds I was on!)

Well, went home and thats when the blood and water just started acoming. Aches, pains, you name it, I had it. Was keeled over, didn't know if it was from the c-sec or if they had left something inside my belly or what??? Went to hospital, gave me fluids and stool sample (finally). They sent my results to my lovely little ob/gyn who had her nurse call me and tell me "I am soo sorry but you have C-Diff" What!?! What is that? Didn't really know. At least they gave me 14 days Flagyl. Three days off Flagyl, relapse, hospital, you know the routine. Got hooked up with GI who worked with me a little, then after 3rd relapse said he's never seen a case last for so long, and let me go. Found ID doc who has given me lots of Vanco (months worth) but now thinks I am in the clear b/c I had negative stool sample while on higher dose of Vanco.... Whew, this is where I am now.

Now for the Miracle Baby Beau, He has had the "D" from day one. Has been on every formula possible and now is on the $10.00 per bottle one (lasts 1 day). Told pediatrician he has what I have, I'd bet my life on it. He kept saying no way no how. Well finally demanded test after I couldn't stand to see my little one in soo much pain. I knew it wasn't colic, I have a 16 year old who suffered with that and this was totally different. Well lo and behold, test came back positive. Went to Pediatric ID who put him on Flagyll 14 days. Currently waiting on the 10 days to have his stool retested. Did really well on the Flagyl and crossing my fingers. Now he has 2 huge green watery poops per day (much better than before although still smells like horse manure). And he is so happy and silly and funny and gaining weight!

The End for now

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”