LaRissa's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
LaRissa
New User

LaRissa's Case History

Postby LaRissa » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:30 pm

Started out in Septemeber with diverticulitis, (suppose to have), treated with flagyl and cipro, back on my feet in 1 week. Back at doctors the first part of December, nausea, loose stools, and pain. Diagnosed with diverticulitis again. I asked for a cat scan to confirm. Cat scan negative, went into the hospital a few days later with dehydration and low potassium. Was given flagyl and two different types of antibiotics. Release told I had a virus and white count was now good, sent home with phenergan and Questran. Still unable to eat and loose stools increasing. Back in hospital two days later, worse this time and white count back up. Various test performed all negative. Colonoscopy done and endoscopy all result negative. Treated once again with flagyl and some type of I.V. medication. Sent home when white count returned to normal. Home on questran and phenergan. Still loose stool and vomiting. 4 days later, finally able to eat. On the 5th evening, stool increased to 15 times and nausea increased. Waited 24 hours and became unable to get out of bed and stand hardly. Stools were constant and nausea constant. Went to hospital, cat scan done, showed inflamitory colitis, and gallstones. White count up again. Admitted to hospital for eight days. CDIFF positive this time. Fecal white count high. Treated with flagyl and vancomycin. Released 8 days later on flagyl and questran, phenegan, and levsin. On release still not able to eat but stool greatly decreased and nausea limited.
Today 4 days later, weak as a kitten, unable to do anything other than drink and sleep. Able to eat the last two days. Soft foods like Spaghettios and Ramen.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”