Prussell Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
prussell
Brand New Poster

Prussell Case History

Postby prussell » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:30 pm

I am an otherwise healthy 35 yo male. I have worked construction my entire life and have never paid particular attention to what I put into my body. That has begun to change rapidly over the last couple of months. I went to an oral surgeon in late August to have 4 wisdom teeth removed. 2 days after the surgery, I developed a severe infection in my lower jaw and was given Clindamycin by IV for 2 days and oral 4/Day for 7 days. I was given Flagyl in conjunction 3/day for 7 days. Approx. 1 week after finishing both anibiotics, I developed severe D and cramping. I went to urgent care and was given a take home kit for a stool sample. My symptoms eased and ignored the sample until the weekend when they resurfaced. I returned the sample and was diagnosed with C-Diff. I was then put on Flagyl again 3/day for 10 days. Within 4 days of finishing the meds, symptoms recurred. Another 15 days of Flagyl @ 3/day. Again, 4 days after finishing meds, symptoms recurred. This last round, however, left me hospitalized for 4 days due to severe dehydration and fever. While in the hospital, I was given IV's with both Flagyl and Vancocin and have continued both orally since being released. I have 2 weeks left on the vancocin and 4 on the Flagyl. I still have abdominal pain and D of varying severity. I am very weak, have no desire to eat and this is affecting my career substantially. I hope there is something to look forward to.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”