Dave's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Dave1
New User

Dave's Case History

Postby Dave1 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:30 pm

4/10/06 - Went in for Bariatric Surgery (DS) to St. Mary's Hospital in San Francisco

4/14/06 - Left hospital, lots of gurgling in the tummy.

4/20/06 - First ER visit. Dehydrated to an extreme. Had been having loose BM's since the surgery, not drinking enough water. Also vomited several times and had strange sweating sessions.

4/23/06 - Second ER visit, doctor gives me pain meds and anti-nausea meds. Doc refuses to do anything else, demands I go back to Surgeon in SFO

4/24/06 - Checked back in to St Mary's for "unknown" issues.

Tests:
- X-ray on stomach with barium, looking for leaks in stomach.
- Cat Scan, looking for structural damage in intestines.
- Nuke Medicine, Examine colon for problems with structure, leaks, etc.

All tests came out positive (or negative depending on how you look at it), everything looked fine.

4/26/06 - Finally was able to provide stool sample, test results came back within 6 hours, positive for C-Diff
- Doctor prescribes Flagyl

4/27/06 - Checked out of hospital, pain reduced significantly.

5/2/06 - Symptoms start coming back, setup appointment with PCP (primary care phys)

5/4/06 - Got script for Vancocyn, 2 grams (max dose) per day taken over 4 doses (500mg per dose) for 10 days.

5/15/06 - Vanco completed, feelings of major bowel irritation, still had nausea, but was attributed to surgery.

5/27/06 - Lots of tummy pain issues, but no other symptoms.

6/2/06 - The big D comes back with a vengeance, lots of pain and nausea. This is at night, and continues into the next day.

6/4/06 - Stool starts to return to normal, but pain continues.

6/6/06 - Contacted PCP, told him the disease doc has not seen me yet, begging for relief. At this point, I wont go back to our local ER because they simply will not do anything for me. Hoping the PCP will do something before Friday, otherwise just taking pain meds.

[/list]

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”