My cdiff story

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Jean22
Brand New Poster

My cdiff story

Postby Jean22 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:59 am

Hi, I am 62, a female and contracted cdiff in June. I read info for new posters and hopefully am posting this in the right place. This board has been a godsend! Thank you all! I contracted cdiff after two medical issues and a combination of too many antibiotics to treat them (Doxycycline, Rocephin, and Ciproflaxin). Sadly, I was clueless and in early June had horrible D and tested positive for cdiff. I was prescribed Flagyl first which made me very sick, then given Vanco for 10 days, had a relapse then given a second round of Vanco for 10 days and relapsed again. I was then prescribed Dificid for 10 days. Now 12 days out from the last pill and I am hoping Dificid has killed this horrible bacteria. I found a regimen of disinfecting that I believe made a difference and a regime of probiotics that helped me. I have my fingers crossed and am hopeful that I am on the road to long term healing, for those who have this horrible bacteria I wish you the same!!

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”