Not the most auspicious start to 2019

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
LiamB
Brand New Poster

Not the most auspicious start to 2019

Postby LiamB » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:41 am

Hello All,

I am a 44 YO male living in the UK married with 3 sons. I have had Crohn's Disease for the last 20 years with 1 surgery but it has been a walk in the park compared to my experience with C-Diff.

Last year I had several courses of antibiotics for sore throats and an unexplained skin infection. I recall things not feeling right with my bowels shortly afterwards but I assumed it was a Crohn's flare as did my longstanding GI doctor who upped the Remicade dose and put me on a prednisolone taper. Needless to say things got somewhat worse with several accidents including one on the train going to work in London and eventually in early December I was diagnosed with C-Diff. I had an initial course of Vancomycin for 10 days and things improved until just before Christmas when intestinal Armageddon happened. I had a trip to A & E where they gave me iv fluids and I was then shortly after started on a month long Vancomycin course as the c-diff had come back for a second time. I went back to work for 3 weeks until 2 weeks ago the symptoms came back with a vengeance, as had the c-diff.

I am now on a 3rd course of vancomycin with an FMT scheduled for the 9th April. I hadn't realised how debilitating this disease can be both emotionally and physically and how it has affected so many people. I have high hopes for the FMT and getting back to some semblance of normality soon.

Thoughts and prayers for all going through this or similar.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”