Post c diff mucous

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Maboys4
Brand New Poster

Post c diff mucous

Postby Maboys4 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:41 pm

I started with c-diff July 2018 I had to go through two rounds of Flagyl and then Vancomycin. it's been two weeks now since I finished my antibiotics.
I have periods of loose stools and formed stools. what concerns me most is the amount of gas and mucus that sometimes I have especially in the morning and it has that c-diff smell. my doctor says that if I'm having formed stools it's not c-diff, that if it's just my recovering colon.
have other people have mucus sometimes in theirl stools with the funny smelling stool in this recovery period?
Kathy
Kathy

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post c diff mucous

Postby georgina » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:38 am

What you are describing is what we call a typical Cdiff recovery. The smell and the mucous doesn't indicate Cdiff , it's a sign that your intestines are struggling to heal ,they are still irritated after the infection and that the gut is still in dysbiosis state and that can't be balanced over night.What you describe is what most of us struggle with. Are you keeping a bland diet? Have you tried a probiotic?

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”