Allyson's Case History (new mom)

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
zanesa
New User

Allyson's Case History (new mom)

Postby zanesa » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:00 am

I gave birth to my daughter on December 20th. I was healing nicely and everthing was great until about mid January. I started with the loose stool and mucus, with some blood, fever and very tired. That made me panic and I went to the docotor. She did a stool test but also put me on sulfra sice she found a UTI while waiting for the results. The next week my results for the test were +c-diff. She gave me cipro and flagyl. Came of the 10 day course and got symptoms a week later. Tested negative though.

Family Dr. referred me to a GI. Had a consult with him things were looking good however I was on macrobid for antoher UTI. A few weeks after the macrobid I started with a pain in my left side, however I was having normal movements so I thought everything was ok. My GI suggested I test for C-diff again. It was positive. I was so suprised as I was feeling great. Went on Vanco for 10 days. About a week after coming off I started with D. Tested negative for C-diff. GI did a colonoscopy everything looked good other than the inflamation (colitis) left from the infection.

It is now 2 weeks since the colonoscopy. I have had loose stools with mucus and some blood ever since. GI just put me back on vanco to try to heal up. He said if this round does't work we will try pulsing therapy.

Hopeing for the best.
Allyson

zanesa
New User

Update

Postby zanesa » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:36 pm

It has been 2 months since my last round of Vanco. One round of flagyl two rounds of Vanco and two colonooscopies later I am so hopeful that I am at the end of the tunnel with this c-diff.

I have been batteling some PI colitis but even that seems to be healing up. Every day things just seem to keep improving. I am able to eat just about everything now and not have it affect me in the morning. I even had seafood with lots of old bay last night. It was a long 6 months but I think it is over. Hoping I can have a long ride before I have to take antibotics again though.

I am very thankful for this site and the knowlege it gave me. If it weren't for my faith in God and this site I don't know how I could have gotten through it because some days I just thought it would never end.

My baby is 6 months old now and a beautiful additon to our family. She was worth every bit of this. However I am not having any more.

I pray for those of you still in this battle - keep your chin up it eventually goes away. I feel thankful it only took me 6 months.

Sincerely,
Allyson
John 3:16

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”