TowerL almost two years out

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
TowerL
Contributor

TowerL almost two years out

Postby TowerL » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:13 am

It's been almost two years since my infection. I caught the infection in 2015. Some might remember me back then (I am still very grateful). After theee different treatments an infectious disease doctor in the area finally got it under control. From the experience I ended up in counseling. My counselor recommended a year where I did nothing related to cdiff unless necessary (which is why I stopped posting). I Lived more in that year than I ever did before. I'm now facing a possible relapse and am awaiting for what the doctor says. C diff has taken a lot from me but I wanted to post to remind everyone to enjoy the small victories. The moments when you can eat something you couldn't before. The moments when you can hug people without fear. I'm very grateful for the year I have had with no worries. Whatever happens next...

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Re: TowerL almost two years out

Postby NikaNik » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:25 am

Hi, Tower!

Thank you so much for posting your update. So glad you followed your counselers advice! Did you recently take antibiotics or PPIs or come in contact with c diff again? I will pray you don't relapse and continue to enjoy your life! Hang in there!

Nikki

TowerL
Contributor

Re: TowerL almost two years out

Postby TowerL » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks Nikki! I did take antibiotics four weeks ago for an infected lymph node. Took my probiotics for the three weeks after recommended timeframe plus yogurt.
I was fine until Sunday. That's about 4 weeks from last antibiotic.

My doctor was confident it was a low risk, but I don't believe there is any such thing.

And counseling has been a very good thing. I recommend anyone going through this to look at counseling for the anxiety part that cdiff causes.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”