Cdiff Update

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
jjbaird1
New User

Cdiff Update

Postby jjbaird1 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

It will be three weeks tomorrow since I finished the Vanco taper. I have my good days and bad days. It seems I have developed IBS. I will not retest my stool unless it's loose and takes the shape of the container (per my Dr.'s instructions)I think my loose stool seems to be correlated with what I eat. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will not have a relapse. But most days my stool is solid so I'm praying I'm in recovery. I panicked this past week thinking I had a urinary track infection but the Dr. said it was negative and probably due to muscle spasms which makes sense because it went away. I have to remind myself to keep calm and focus that my stool is mostly formed, no blood, no mucus, and no fever. My only complaint is that I tend to feel hot in the face. I'm 34 so I know it's not menopause. But I did research that these medications for Cdiff can mess with your hormones. I pray for everyone that has cdiff and if others need to reach out please do.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”