Just found out

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Rose65
Regular User

Just found out

Postby Rose65 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:40 am

Hi Everyone
Well here I am cdiff and all. I knew something was wrong and when I googled about my weird bowel movement cdiff kept showing up I knew I had it.
Let me back track to about 6weeks ago when I just wasn't feeling well and had some cramping in my lower tummy after eating mints I had just got over a cold . Then about 3 weeks ago I was getting lower ab pressure wanting to wee all the time pain in my legs and lower back and mid back no fever and very fatigued. I am a teacher and I was more exhausted than normal.
Went to doctor was told I had UTI via strip test urine was sent for further testing and I was handed Amoxicillin that was fine I had that years ago no problem. I had a bought of loose stools didn't think much of it But my UTI symptoms didn't clear up so I took probiotics afterwards and went back to doc who tested me again and said yep I have an infection still so he gave me Keflex If only I knew then . I took them for Two days this was a week ago today then 2 nod day in the morning I went to toilet and what appeared scared the crap out of me no pun intended it was just yellow jelly stuff and streaks of blood went back to doc my doc wasn't there so seen another who promptly told me I don't have an UTI not bacteria never did have one and I only had elevated white cells in urine which signified inflammation in the bladder she told me to get of the antis and take probiotics I will be fine mmmmmmm
Well the next day I went to the ER I still had mucous yellow and streaking of blood but that smell is something I won't forget they took a stool sample and sent me home as apart from being generally unwell and barely able to carry myself I don't have a fever etc no really ab pain just around do the pubic bone and back they said they would send results to my gp
Back to docs on the Monday when I was getting some slight stabbing every now and again but nothing major took bloods
So today went back to him and all my blood work is good my wcc is good but my ESR was elevated so next he rings to get stool results because they had t been sent to him and gets of the phone and says well you have cdiff I had already discussed my concerns about this honestly I have read some total horror stories so my heart was. Eating so fast I could have passed out
Anyway he gave me Flagyl 400mg x3 a day and suggested probiotics I already got the SBourdelis the other day after a little research so I already had that in my system and I don't have any bleeding and mucous has cleared up slight and I have Soft stool so I think my body was doing a good job . So I have taken Flagyl and believe it or not my back pain has gone
So I took an antibiotic I didn't need but to be honest I wonder if I got this from another source like my little children I teach because they are only 3-6 years old who knows in the. In the. Santi e I am running around with a bottle of bleach and hoping no one else gets it as my husband has a heart condition
So that my story and thanks for reading and letting me hang out with you guys for a bit xx

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”