Lynne's story

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Lynne
New User

Lynne's story

Postby Lynne » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:49 pm

Since 7/05 have been rx'd 6 rounds of antibiotics for bronchitis and sinusitis, and also once prophalactly because I have asthma. The last antibiotic was omnicef, rx'd for 30 days. Yeah, that's right. During that last visit to this nurse practioner, i told her that i was now having intestinal problems, "sharting", gas etc. She didn't document that in her charting. This was 2-17-06. On 2-22 went to ER with severe cramping and nonstop diarrhea, chills,malaise, etc. Did a cbc, stool culture,gave IV fluids and lomotil. Sent home with directions to take immodium and see my GP. On 2-24 culture pos. for cdiff and started flagyl. Also am being treated for 3rd oral candida infection in less than 6 mos. The fun just never ends! I am on 2nd round of double dose flagyl right now. Side effects are horrendous. Had to quit my job as an infant daycare provider, i suspect that is where I picked up the cdiff- 70% of infants are carriers in the 1st year of life. I miss my little darlings! So now I am languishing at home and waiting to submit my next stool sample on friday. After a lot of research I am rather discouraged. But every day above ground is good and I can't stand to smoke now so that is the only good to come of this great uncouth beast so far. I am grateful for this site.

Lynne
New User

Postby Lynne » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:33 am

Took last dose of flagyl on 3-13-06. Specimen submitted on 3-14 was negative for cdiff. I am cautiously optimistic, however I have had some omnious signs of cdiff, TMI subjects. No severe cramping or urgency. The worst part is a persistent achiness and fatigue. I take 800mg. ibuprofen every 6h and it hardly touches the achiness. Also occasional severe stabbing pain in hips that feels exactly like a shot of penicillin. I was experiencing these symptoms weeks before diagnosis with cdiff, so related or not, I don't know.

Lynne
New User

Postby Lynne » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:05 pm

I have been symptom free for several months now. Best wishes to those who still suffer with cdif.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”