Nichole's case history

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:09 pm

Well I guess I should update here a bit. I have been off the Vanco now for 68 days and the Xifaxan for 48. I had my scope on July 24th and it was totally normal except for a tiny hemmrroid. Biopsies come back normal too. I guess I should just accept the diagnosis which was IBS, but that darn c-diff stays in the back of my head. I am still on the Hyoscymine. Doctor wants me to switch to Lotronex but I havent yet. Side effects are real dangerous on that one and it also costs $286 for a months supply. Im sick of paying for meds that dont work. So I will wait it out a bit more and see what happens. I have my on and off days. I was real sick after the scope for about a week but I also got my period a week early so it was probably from that. Im hoping Im on the way to recovery!!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:42 pm

Not doing so good right now. I started having REAL loose stools at times and going 2-3 times a day. I feel that if it is IBS i would start getting better not going backwards. I am waiting for a good stool to take in for the test. Im tired of all this and I dont trust the tests. I have been off the meds for over the 70 days. I just dont know if its IBS why I have this pain. Usually I have it on the left side but it has now started hurting on the right too. I will update after the test results.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:24 pm

I got results today. Negative for Toxin A and B. I will trust it for now and start the Lotronex. Same old game.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:14 pm

Well i got real sick last week with the flu and an UTI. I had to take Bactrum for 3 days. I upt my probiotics also. Im doing pretty good so far. I also stop the Lotronex for now. If I get c-diff from the med I want to be able to catch it right away and the Lotronex firms up your stools. So only time will tell if the c-diff will return from the Bactrum.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:19 pm

I got over the UTI with Bactrum and so far so good. I also stopped taking the Lotronex to see if I'd get c-diff from the meds and so far I haven't. My bm's have been totally normal on my own for about 3 weeks now. Still get the occasional pains but the heating pad helps that. I also quit drinking all caffine which has REALLY helped.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:47 am

Ok so now I got a sinus infection and had to get on an antibiotic again! I am on the Zithromax for 5 days. I hope it clears the infection. I am upping my probiotic and eating some yogurt with it all. Also I will watch what I eat some. I guess I get to play the W&W game now for awhile.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:59 pm

Today marks the 6th week since I took the antibiotic. I ve been fine. Do get the cramping and stuff but thats my IBS. And for some reason its bad a couple day before I get my period. I just thought id write since Im at the half way mark of 12 weeks off it. I am still taking my probiotic everyday and activia whenever I remember. I am really hoping I dont need anymore antibiotics for a long time. Since c-diff Ive had to take two already!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:39 pm

Just a quick update. I have been over c-diff for about 20 months now but do have IBS and sometimes its horrible. Also started having some anxiety so the doctor put me on birth control pills for hormones. The anxiety is all better but my gut is still messed up. My doctor now wants me to skip the last week of the pills (they call them sugar pills) and go to a new pack and do that for three months so I only have my period every 10 weeks, since all my symptoms are around that time. So we'll see. I also started taking the probiotic called Align. Suppose to be good for IBS. I will update after Im on that for awhile. I know my diet has alot to do with how my stomach feels, and I have gained weight. If I could just get the energy back.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Been on the ALign for a few days and already noticed a difference for the better with my GI tract BUT I now feel like I have a UTI. I went to the doc and it came back clean. Gave me a script for Macrobid just incase I feel worse and want to take it. Well I started taking it cause Im not getting beter. I kinda think MY urine sample came back clean because I have been drinking Cranberry juice by the gallon and it really feels like an UTI. So here we go with another antibiotic.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:42 pm

I quit taking the macrobid because I felt that I didnt want to take a med when the results were neg. Went to my doctor yesterday and they did an ultrasound on my bladder and figure its not relaxing properly so they put me on Detrol LA for a week and half, I think its getting better already. At least im not in the pain I was. Still taking the Align and that end beens fine. I should be done updating now til Something else happens which is more often thanks to cdiff.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Re: Nichole's case history

Postby nsewell » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 am

I thought I would do a little update because it's been a long time since Ive been on here... As of today I have not been on any probiotics or antibiotics for a few years. I occasionally get symptoms but it's usually a flare up of the ibs cdiff has left me.. when I get a flare up I usually eat activia for awhile and it helps getting me back to normal.. Also now when I feel a sinus infection coming on I start a nose spray and nasal irrigation, I do not take meds for them anymore!! Learned my lesson! I still get freaked out sometimes when symptoms are horrible. Also found out that pain pills make my ibs flare which is weird.. They are suppose to slow down your system but they actually speed mine up and give my cramps!

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Well I am playing the waiting game once again for results. Have had major cramps and loose stools/ diareah for 4 days now. If I have cdiff it started alot different this time.. at first I just thought it was something I ate but its not going away. im also dealing with a bladder problem now so they put me on macrobid. i only took five pills and that was a month ago..i just cant see getting cdiff after only taking that many and ive taken macrobid,bactrim and zpack in the past after cdiff and did just fine. This infection is very confusing and frustrating. will post after I get results..

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Test came back negative.. I had a virus again, thats twice in a month... I wouldnt think anything of it if I hadnt taken that macrobid for five days.. I finally got into see the urologist and he says I have an infection in my urethra and tissue. and the only treatment is long term antibiotic, so here we go again. im gonna start it tonight as ive put it off a couple days already.. hopefully he knows what hes doing and has diagnosed me correct..will check in later after the meds .. will probably need your support during the meds too..

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:55 pm

well I am still having issues with my bladder at times so I have decided to go on the Macrobid for a while to see if itll help. Somethings gotta get rid of the problems. I am also taking my probiotics about 2 hours after the antibiotic. I have been cdiff free for around 6 years now but It still stays in your mind after you have it and have to go on an atibiotic...I pray this med will clear up my bladder and not give me cdiff again.....

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”