C. Diff and Postpartum

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Maryhelp
New User

C. Diff and Postpartum

Postby Maryhelp » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:17 am

I am a 27 year old female who delivered a baby in March 2014. After 2 weeks I was readdmited to hospital because I retained some of the placenta and had a infection I was giving germentine. After two more weeks I was back to hospital er room and even clyndmincyn and flygal to take together after about 5 days I stared to get cold and flue symptoms, cramping, abdominal pain, indigestion, heartburn, headachs, chills, and then D. I was tested for C. Diff and it came back negative! So for the next two months I was treated for IBS, vertigo and given anit D. Meds. Then I took Prozac because I was getting very down and anxious about havering C. Diff so I was tested again and it came back positive. Then the constipation started. I was given flygal which didn't make any improvement. 2 weeks of vanco, tapered vanco and then 10 days of difficir now waiting for test results to come back, depending on which I will receive FMT.

mjmcgetr
Regular Contributor

Re: C. Diff and Postpartum

Postby mjmcgetr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:38 pm

how did things turn out for you ? I am also postpartum and trying to cope>

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”