My case

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Owlsr
Brand New Poster

My case

Postby Owlsr » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:50 pm

I am a 64 yo physician, working full time, I live alone. Eye problems prevent me from driving but not from seeing and reading. I suddenly got febrile and very ill at the end of September, was hospitalized and diagnosed as c diff within hours. I received vanco and flagyl 4 days, and was sent home with vanco solution by mouth which the pharmacy prepared. Continued vanco for 13 days, 1 month after discharge I fully relapsed and was re hospitalized. I was sicker, treated w difficid. After , in 1 week of hospitalization I was given a script to be on a total of on 10 days of difficid. At the end of which I felt I was relapsing again, though the I D thought that my colon was compromised so symptoms did not necessarily mean relapse. A c dif test was positive. I decided to try the fecal transplant. The GI agreed and I went back on difficid. Aft 13 days on and 3 days off, I received the transplant by colonoscopy from an unrelated donor. Will see GI in 2 days and my interest is becoming negative. I cannot tell what is happening.
I am sending courage and stamina to patients and families.
Best, owl sr.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”