Bubby case history

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Bubby
Brand New Poster

Bubby case history

Postby Bubby » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:25 pm

I hope I do this correctly...I am 38 years old, gave birth 4/13 and had a terrible infection during labor requiring 2 IV antibiotics. A persistent infection post pardum and jaw surgery meant 3 more rounds of antibiotics. My symptoms began at the beginning of September. My doctor actually diagnosed me fairly quickly. Two rounds of metronidazole have failed- I atill have symptoms and had another positive test after being off for 2 weeks. I just saw a gastroenterologist on Thursday and started vancomycin. I was hopeful at first but have felt quite bad the last 2 days. This morning my seven month old had diarrhea and it has nearly set me over the edge. On top of feeling horrible, I have been battling anxiety and depression set off by this illness. I am terrified my baby, husband, or another loved one will contract this from me. I'm depressed at how much of my daughter's life I have spent ill. I just want to feel normal again. I know we all want that. Prayers for everyone suffering with this terrible disease.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”