Mahtin's Case History

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Mahtin's Case History

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Feeling a bit alone here...

Mahtin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Michael and my belly trials and tribulations started about two and a half years ago in March of 2011. Posting in a forum like this has seemed a bit off-putting for me until recently, actually until just today when I happened upon this support group. I was diagnosed with c-diff at the age of 20 with no inclination as to how or why I got it. At that time I was at school, in my junior year of college. It was the worst thing, as you know. I went on a medical leave of absence for a month, saw a gastroenterologist, had the colonoscopy...the whole nine. That's when I was diagnosed and I thought "what a relief! They know what was wrong." But, that was short lived.

I dealt with the stomach troubles for the remainder of my time in undergrad. Luckily I had a very open and caring group of friends who didn't think twice about my issues, they only sympathized with me. In January of 2012 I drove myself to the hospital with some serious abdominal pain in the right side but after a few tests I was discharged with the diagnosis of a kidney stone and IBS. Those pains came back intermittently until about a month and a half ago where in my post-undergrad life I was hospitalized again with those pains, this time with the diagnosis of gallstones. A week ago tomorrow I had my gallbladder removed, at 22, and my stomach is still very angry all the time, albeit a week post-op.

The reason I posted here and look through the boards is because I am fearful my c-diff may come back and I'm looking for answers, or any shred of education and hope that I can find some relief. I, and all of us that have come down with this awful ailment, deserve a better quality of life. I want to work toward that with the support of those who will understand.

Thank you, everyone, and take care.

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”