My 27 yr old daughter Kristina diagnosed with c-diff

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
rileysmima2158
Brand New Poster

My 27 yr old daughter Kristina diagnosed with c-diff

Postby rileysmima2158 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:50 am

Hi my name is Sandy and my daughter Tina was diagnosed with c-diff 2 weeks ago. We live in Las Vegas NV. She contracted the infection from a brief hospital stay the week prior(for a high pressure headache and to get a spinal tap for a condition called Psudo Tumor Cerebi, that she's had since she was 16) to beng diagnosed. She was out of the hospital for 5 days before all hell broke loose and by Sunday 9/16 she was so weak we rushed her to the hospital where she is still there. I'm really scared because all things I have read say that this can be a life threatening infection. I don't want to lose my daughter. Her latest symptom which stated a couple of days ago is that her abdoman started to fill up with fluid. She looked like she was 7 months pregnant. Has anyone heard of that happening with this infection. They tapped her abdoman and got 3 big jars of fluid. It helped some but it's starting to come back alittle and the last ct scan showed her colon was still somewhat inflamed. So tomorrow her GI doctor is doing a colonoscopy to look inside and see what's going on. I'm so confused with all of this and I don't know where to turn. I never even heard of c-diff until this happened. I know that she is young and strong, but it's like she's not improving that much and I'm afraid that something bad might happen, which I could never take or want to even think about. I could use any kind of support and ideas that anyone could give.

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Re: My 27 yr old daughter Kristina diagnosed with c-diff

Postby gm37 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 am

Sandy,
I have moved your post to the Questions section. It will get more replies that way.
I am so sorry that your daughter is so sick. I hope she begins feeling better soon. Keep us posted..and check under .questions for more replies.
Anne

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”