22 Year Old Struggling with C.Diff

For posting new case histories and updates to histories only. Do not post general messages, replies or questions here.
Student4
New User

22 Year Old Struggling with C.Diff

Postby Student4 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:20 am

Hi everyone!

I am new to this support group. I am a 22 year old female in college. I say that with sadness because my senior year has been full of hospitalizations, medications, and pain. I was prescribed antibiotics three months ago for a skin infection which resulted in me getting heavy D and dehydration--C.Diff. To make matters worse, I was misdiagnosed with "Traveler's D" and given more unneeded antibiotics resulting in two hospitalizations with severe C.Diff. I have been on Vancomycin twice now and I just started Dificid after my second recurrence recently. If this fails, I have to do a FMT according to my GI. This has all been a shock because I was a healthy young woman my entire life. Now I am getting used to hospitals and taking medicine every day. Unfortunately, I had to withdraw from my school semester because of C. Diff so me and the bacteria are currently on bad terms lol. I now have anxiety and PTSD from C.Diff which causes just as much emotional pain as physical. A lot of times I want to give up because of this debilitating bacteria, but I know I just have to keep on fighting! I am praying for everyone to get cured and those who have gotten cured to remain healthy. I will update through my journey!

Sincerely,

The Student who wants to return to class

P.S. if anyone has success stories with Dificid please share. Any type of positivity is much needed! I appreciate it

DD454
New User

Re: 22 Year Old Struggling with C.Diff

Postby DD454 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi! I am also a 22 year old who had C Diff awhile ago. I went undiagnosed for about 3 weeks. They finally diagnosed me and put me on Flagyl which really screwed me up. I started to have mood changes and burning sensations up and down my back. I went to a GI doctor and they put me on Vancomycin for another 2 weeks. With that, I also ended up OCD and was in therapy for about 2 years. All of these treatments I took with Florastor which is the best thing to take if you have C Diff and need to take antibiotics. I definitely recommend it. My C Diff started with a nasal surgery and being prescribed the antibiotic Clindamycin.

You will get through this! If you need someone to talk to, just DM me!

Return to “Case Histories and Updates”