It works

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
roy
Administrator

Re: It works

Postby roy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:11 pm

To put this "treatment" into perspective.

It has been studied in depth.
it has the same "cure rate" as questran and that's 5%.
Mainstream meds claim 80% and FMT claims up to 95% cure.
Cure is judged as being no return of D 6 weeks after treatment.
The treatment suggested here actually has a lower cure rate than the % mortality rate of true c.diff.

Someone reliant solely on this as a cure for true and active c.diff would be risking their life.

justin
New User

Postby justin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:38 pm

I'm in the same boat I had it and I want to share info with those who want to try a natural, simple remedy which is proven to absorb toxins and is used for that purpose by anti poison centers. It is common sense that charcoal will drain the bacteria out of the body. I am a real life example, among many, of someone who was helped by this. I will need to wait some time before claiming absolute victory over clost. diff, but so far so good, thank God.

I don't understand the insistence some have in discouraging this, while encouraging heavy medical treatments. If you don't want to try it it's your choice but don't spread misinformation.

We also have beth22 who wrote in this thread :

"I asked my GI about taking the activated charcoal and he said it would do no harm." For reference, a GI is a Gastrointestinal doctor. So for the nay sayers, I think this closes the discussion.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 am

My GI NEVER recommended 40 pills of activated charcoal and therein lies the difference. Taking a supplement at the recommended dosage is one thing, but in high doses it really had better be done under the supervision of a doctor. You are free to post your own experience, but if anyone wants to try that in doses higher than what is on the bottle, ask your doctor first. My doctor recommended this AFTER I had taken vanco because I was still having symptoms and it was in order to "mop up" any low grade infection that was left or to aid in IBS.

justin
New User

Postby justin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:03 pm

There are no ill effects that come with taking 40 pills of charcoal a day. There are ill effects that come with all these antibiotics however. I guess you are free to ingest what you want. But trying to pass charcoal as a potentially harmful substance is dishonest.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:43 am

Trying to pass charcoal as a cure for c.diff is likely to cause a patients death.
500,000 cases of c.diff a year. (USA alone)
486,000 cases resolved by medication.
14,000 deaths.
You were cured by using charcoal!
the odds that your correct are fairly remote.

I am locking this thread now, this conversation could harm future readers.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”