Health Care worker with Cdiff, New to group.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Health Care worker with Cdiff, New to group.

Postby beth22 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:36 am

Janet - As far as I know Questran does not do much for microscopic colitis, unless of course, it is secondary to c difficile. The Pepto Bismol has an anti-inflammatory property as well as antimicrobial. I take it for the low grade c diff that I have and that flares up. It usually does the trick. Ask your doctor if Questran is indicated for the microscopic colitis before you start taking it. It might be good to take the Pepto for a few weeks and then start the Questran. Questran will bind up any other meds that you take, including Pepto or even vitamins.

Good luck on your presentation. I'm sure you'll do a great job and will be able to speak from the heart.

lucas' grandma
Regular User

Postby lucas' grandma » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Well, my presentation on Cdiff at work was very well received; I'm glad that my coworkers are more informed. As for me, It is almost 1 month since my last antibiotic, and I feel great. (I'm almost afraid to admit it out loud) I have been having only 1 or 2 BM a day, almost completely normal, no pain, fatigue is gone. I still eat 2 Activia a day. I have cut back on the probiotics, just 1 florastor a day. I see my GI in a couple weeks, and next week I'm going with my husband to Canada on our harley for a well needed vacation. I can not find the words to say how good it feels to feel good again. I'm hoping everyone will get to this point soon; and I also hope this is for good. Now I believe everyone when they said "you will get better". Thanks to everyone for your support through this rough time.
Wishing good health to all,

Janet

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:01 pm

Janet,
Congrats. and good for you. I'm glad you are educating your co-workers about C. diff. You (or a loved) has to have it before you are passionate about "spreading the word."

Enjoy your vacation and post now and then to support others and they supported you.

So glad for you!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Janet - Enjoy your vacation. Are you still taking Questran or anything else for the microscopic colitis?

lucas' grandma
Regular User

Postby lucas' grandma » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Beth: I haven't really had any symptoms like D or cramping, so no, I'm not taking questran at the present time. I have pepto in case I need it (I'm taking some with me on vacation. I figure if I have it I won't need it). I hope to continue to feel this way. Today I went shopping for new clothes, got a haircut and a pedicure! Ready for vacation!!
wishing for good health for all,

Janet

lucas' grandma
Regular User

Postby lucas' grandma » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:42 pm

So, I'm back. I'd planned on writing this week about how I kicked this monster. I've been off antibiotics for about 7 weeks now and I have been feeling great. But yesterday afternoon the monster reared it's ugly head. I tried to think it was just a simple bug, I've had plenty of those in the past. But last night it hit full force with the pain, urgency, frequency; so I went in today and took a sample, and you know the rest of the story. Back on vanc until my doc comes back from vacation on Monday. So, is this going to last forever??? I am so discouraged right now. Sounds like a bowel infusion in my future.
Janet

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Janet, Absolutely NO..... It's not going to last forever!!!! I had problems with many therapy treatments, but there is another one available today. I'm sure you have seen the posts on this most recent medication out there. I, for one, suffered for many months and finally resorted to Dr. Borody's Home Enema Infusion Therapy and it worked for me. It has a high success rate..... Just pm me and I will send you the instructions if you are interested. If you decide to complete this particular therapy, we can talk on the phone. Sincerely wishing you a complete recovery!!!

Kathy
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”