testing for C Diff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

testing for C Diff

Postby beth22 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:33 pm

After having conflicting test results for c diff - positive with one type of test and negative with another, I decided to do a little research about the different testing methods, particularly the new PCR testing. In doing so, I came across this article written by John Bartlett from Johns Hopkins University. I am providing the link here:

www.infectiousdiseasese.com/download/CD ... E10_WM.pdf

Mia-Mia
Regular Contributor

Re: testing for C Diff

Postby Mia-Mia » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Wow lots of info. I Has a situation where I tested positive one day My Doc said do not treat because there were no symptoms. HE tested me again 2 days later at another lab he trusted and it was negative. So there are alot more false positives then people think. Also some are just carriers. I printed this artice it was easier to read. Thanks for the info.

crissiej
Regular User

Re: testing for C Diff

Postby crissiej » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:25 pm

My doc said that if you aren't having sypmptoms don't test.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”