Need Your Help!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Re: Need Your Help!

Postby HEATHER28 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Coughing up or throwing up blood is not normal in anyway shape or form! I agree with Roy you need to either get him back to the dr or to the ER ASAP!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Vetiver
New User

Postby Vetiver » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:59 pm

I hope your son-in-law is alright. I agree with the other folks here who say he really should go to the ER.

I just thought I'd put in my (dad's) 2 cents in regards to antibios and C.diff. Since July he has been on and off Cipro for pneumonia and UTIs...but with his last UTI, the dr. gave him Bactrim--didn't even give him probiotics--and now we are at 2 negs.

My mom caught C.diff and passed away, as some of you know. SHE had been on Penicillin VK for an infected tooth when she ended up in the hospital with a broken hip and shoulder.

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks to everyone. He has improved greatly so I guess the flagyl is doing something but still unsure what the problem is. No more B. thank God! He goes in next week for lots of testing.
Melanie

JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Postby JenniferH » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Ugh, the Docs should have tested him before putting him on antibiotics. They did things backwards!!! Poor guy

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”