Coffee

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Coffee

Postby Suezer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:57 pm

I have recently purchased a coffee pot. I used to drink the kind of coffee that you steap..like tea bags. I am wondering if the brewed coffee is more potent and perhaps causing my guts to move faster and such. Seems since I bought this coffee pot, I have been having issues again.

At first I thought my pulse was not working, Dr. had me up my Vanco for a few days and it did seem to help, but I do wonder if it isn't the coffee causing this.

I am going to try to give up the coffee and see if it helps. I am just wondering if anyone else is affected this way by coffee>?
Hoping for a cure.

rhona
Regular Contributor

Postby rhona » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:44 pm

YES! Coffee is a diuretic. I used to drink it before cdiff to keep me regular. I had to give it up for a while while dealing with this illness. I am having it again, but can't have more than one a day. And some days I can't even have the one. Some days I need a milder one. Each day is different for me. When you start having it again, maybe you could try to put less coffee in and see that helps.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:31 pm

I had to switch to decaf

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Is the Coffee you are drinking caffenated? Is so you may want to switch to Decaf. I can not drink any thing that has caffeine in it. Since Cdiff it goes right through me!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”