Need Help Finding a Doctor in Philly PA Area

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Phillygirl,

I am so sorry to hear all that your poor sister is going through! What a great sister you are!! This is just my guess but, I am thinking the flagyl is what is making her vomit(???). I never vomited when I was on flagyl but, boy did it make me sick! I was so freaking neaseated all the time, I didnt eat the entire time (10days) that I was on it.

I had a friend this past year that was in the hospital for diverticulitis and they had her on flagyl and she was vomiting once every hour. I took one look at the meds that they had her on ( I work at a hospital ) and seen she was on flagyl and I knew right away why she was so sick. She got her dr. to take her off of it and with in 24hrs she was feeling 10x's better.

Like I said it is just my guess.

Please keep us posted on how she is doing!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Phillygirl
New User

Postby Phillygirl » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:05 pm

All fats have been COMPLETELY eliminated. To the point its ridiculous. Her colonscopy is normal. Her endoscopy is normal. Yes, the Flagyl certainly makes the nausea much worse, but it seems she still is nauseasted much of the time. Phenergan was used in the hospital with mixed results. I really appreciate everyone's support and suggestions. Thanks so much to you all.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi PhillyGirl..... I did pm you a few weeks ago. If you want info on Dr. Borody's Home Enema Infusions I still would be glad to send it to you. I would be glad to talk with you on the phone as well. Just pm me. I wish your sister well......
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”