Back again and in need of support plz!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jodi
New User

Back again and in need of support plz!

Postby jodi » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:38 am

I am now nearly 8 months out off of vanco and things have not been too bad apart from the flare ups of iffy guts. I have not been feeling too bad in myself though and trying to get on with my life, although i do visit the site at least once a week to see how you are all doing. Anyway i've had a bad few days that started with the nausea and being off of my food, just like with c-diff the feeling comes and goes, extra trips to the bathroom, sweats and just feeling unwell. At first i tried not to worry too much and thought maybe a a stomach bug. After all it has been about 2 months since i last felt this bad. This feels too much like my long battle with c-diff as i pick up for a few hours only to feel bad again. So i suppose that i am just looking for some encouragement that i will beat this some day. My battle feels so long and i fear a downward spiral. i wonder how long this will go on for and if i shud expect to keep feeling this ill. Did anyone here suffer like this in their recovery and did you eventually beat this monster?
Best wishes to you all x

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:02 pm

My doctor told me that it would take 6 months to a year at least to begin feeling "normal" again....between now and then I expect it isn't going to be a very enjoyable time. Hang in there.....
Melanie

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Jodi,

Have you been tested to prove that it is in fact Cdiff again?? Melanie is right it takes time, my Dr also told me 6months to a year. It took me a full year to get back to what I call "normal" now. You have to remember that you body has been through a lot and it is going to take time to heal.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

jodi
New User

Postby jodi » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:22 am

Thx for you support guys!
No i have not been tested for c-diff again because i only ever test possitive when i have full blown mucus which i have not had (touch wood), by which time im in hospital.
I guess your both right and i just have to ride this out and give it more time.

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:25 pm

I just reread you post. If you haven't had any problems like this for a couple of months, you could just be having IBS issues. What you described happened A LOT to me when I was recovering. I would go 2-3 months with out any problems at all and then all of a sudden WHAMM!! Try to hang in there, it will get better!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Same here - took me a good year to recover and I could have sworn I had C-Diff 3 or more times during that year , and actually got tested.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Karen

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:04 pm

I have had SEVEN negative tests! No joke! The IBS can so closely mimic c.diff.....terrifying really....
Melanie

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”