Why me? :(

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Why me? :(

Postby JenniferH » Tue May 25, 2010 11:56 am

I went to the restroom, passed gas. It seem a little moist. Sorry.
So I wiped, and I noticed a little bit of mucus tinged with light B. I have been so normal lately, and now this. My intestines dont feel so good right now. I'm sitting here at work, fighting back the tears, and my heart is breaking....I'm so so depressed, and I feel so hopeless. I thought I was beating this.

rhona
Regular Contributor

Postby rhona » Tue May 25, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm so sorry. Maybe it's just a one time thing. See if it continues before you start to worry too much.

JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Postby JenniferH » Tue May 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Before c diff, (I probably had a cut or something down there) I saw B, and I freaked out at that time too.

My Hubby says its probably a hiccup in my recovery. I hope thats what it is. I'm trying my best to get through the day. Today is a bad bad day.

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Listen to your hubby on this one. If it was a serious a GI bleed, there would be no mistaking it. You're right there are going to be some bumps on the recovery road. Just deal with them one at a time. Have a little confidence that you're getting better.

Fire

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Yes, before C diff Mucus and Blood would bother me as I never had that in my life before C diff. All of my relapses start that way. Don't get down, just do what you need to do, go get tested, meds, whatever you have to do. The scenario you describe has become an 8 week event for me. Just keep chipping away at it, eventually, it will leave, just not on our timetable.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:51 pm

If it continues, you definitely should get tested, but about a month ago, I had B&M, but not much and it was not c diff. After all the trauma your intestines have been through, you could burst capillaries, have hemms, etc. If it is c diff, you will know soon enough.

JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Postby JenniferH » Tue May 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Ok this morning when I had my little episode, I called my Doc's nurse, and left a message.
She returned my call. The Doc reviewed my chart (She's my new primary care physician) She said she feels as though that I must have ate something to aggravate the mild colitis, that they found with the colonoscopy. She wants me to google a diet for colitis, and stick to that. She also said she ordered up another test.
If the C diff caused the colitis, why hasn't the colitis cleared once the c diff supposedly went away?

SIGH....I was going to wait it out, but since a test has been ordered. I'm going to retest.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Tue May 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Sounds like a good plan. Colitis can stick around well after C diff depending upon the person, diet, etc.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:28 pm

So, how do you get rid of the colitis? I eat very bland food and I still have these episodes of cramping, gas, D* sometimes C. Does it ever go away????

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:38 am

usually it is treated with diet and has to run it's course. I heard them mention sterioids to reduce inflammation when I was in hospital if mine did not go away but it did after about 6 weeks so I rode it out, horrible.

JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Postby JenniferH » Wed May 26, 2010 11:13 am

Thats what I was wondering Beth. When does it go away? UGH.
I submitted my test this morning....blech so gross, but it looked normal.

JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Postby JenniferH » Thu May 27, 2010 11:58 am

Its negative. This is my fourth negative test.

I guess I just have to accept these symtoms & try and move on with my life. I am proof that the healing process is loooong, tough, and almost as bad as having cdiff. I know that has been said over & over again on this board, I just need to get this through my head.

I guess I have to heal mentally too.

pwood62
Regular Contributor

Postby pwood62 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:42 pm

It is probably just your Colon healing. I have had some mucous and it was nothing. You have to remember you Colon had been very irritated by infection and AB"S and needs ime to heal. Try not to worry but if a test will help you breath a sigh of relief then ask for one. Roy is right before this whole C-Diff thing we probably didn't look when we went, so we didn't notice some of these things.
If it gets worse of course then you need to see a Dr. of course. When you start to feel depressed and think "why me" just tell your self you WILL get better! I used to play the "why me" game in my head and then one day I realized "why not me"? It happens to people and I was just one of the unfortunate ones.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”