Started exercising again today.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
kitkatbek
Regular Contributor

Started exercising again today.

Postby kitkatbek » Wed May 19, 2010 9:45 am

Well finally I took the plunge and got on the treadmill today. I started slowand moved to a brisk walk. I only did 20 minutes. I made it through it ok but I was hoping for a huge endorphin rush and relaxation after. Was I being a bit unrealistic. I felt tired, edgy and a bit discouraged. Before getting sick, I was running on the treadmill. Now mind you, I wasn't a super athete before all this but I was hoping to feel a bit more encouraged after. I'm 28 days post vanco, I'm on Nortriptyline 20mg thatI take at night and Xanax (I've been able to cut down on it but still takeit 3x/day. I didn't have anyreal stomach pain after, maybe a little sensitive (I probably wouldn't even notice before getting sick) I just want to feel like my old self and regain some self confidence back. Don't meanto whine and I'm going to continue on the treadmill. Any advice about how I should go about it would be appreciated. Thank you all

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Yes !!!! You've just taken the most important step on your road to recovery. Take it slow and easy...listen to what your body is saying to you.

Fire

kitkatbek
Regular Contributor

Postby kitkatbek » Wed May 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks, I will, I just wish I felt better after (emotinally) I'm battling anxiety big time. There is no physical change in anything. I'm almost 1 month off meds but waiting for that 90daymark gets to me. I'm just trying to keep myself busy.

rhona
Regular Contributor

Postby rhona » Wed May 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Is there something else you might like better? Rollerblading, biking, weigh training, aerobics, dance, etc. Try different things until you find something you like.

ginabc
Contributor

Postby ginabc » Wed May 19, 2010 12:59 pm

You are not at the 90 day mark. And it is just a mark. You have been off meds for over 30 days. YAHOO
I have been off VANCO for 9 days and do not feel that I have C DIFF. I am recoverying from C DIFF but do not have it anymore. It is the only way for me to go on.
I get weird stools, pain, discomfort, tired, nausea and have not returned to work yet. I hope I can go back to work soon.
I just ask for reassurance and that everyone here tells me I am recoverying and this will pass.
Ginbc going beat this thing just dont know when............

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:41 pm

The exercise will make you feel better. Keep a journal and enter what you've done on a daily basis. You will be able to track your progress. Add some music that you enjoy and can get lost in. It will make your workout fly by time wise. Once again take it slowly. I'd start by walking on the treadmill
for 20-30 minutes for at least a week, and then change your speed or incline slightly. Take it slowly and again listen to your body.

Fire

kitkatbek
Regular Contributor

Postby kitkatbek » Wed May 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Thank you all. I bet I win the anxiety blue ribbon of this group.
Rhona- I do like the treadmill alot actually, it was tough getting started again but I plan to get back on again tomorrow.

Roy - Sorry for the negativitivity once again. My main problem here is battling this damn anxiety

Fire - Thanks for the encouragement

Ginabc - Congrats being off 9 days. Post recovery is tough but you sound like you handling it well. I will take a lesson from you.

Thanks All

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:59 pm

I am at the point now where I just break open the vanco tablet and put it in my coffee instead of sugar...:)

JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Postby JenniferH » Wed May 19, 2010 2:14 pm

"Thinking ahead is what causes anxiety.
Whatever tomorrow brings, be it C.diff, being struck by lightening, or being run over by a truck, theres not a thing you can do to alter it. "

Roy,

I am printing this and I am hanging it in my office!!!!!

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:16 pm

According to my ID doc(the one who discovered cdiff) He told me it takes around 4-6 weeks for the flora to recover. Of course the healing time is much, much longer. Also, from my reading most people relapse around 3-12 days which is the time it takes for the spores to activate again. I'm sure you "could" relapse at any time, but try not to worry about it.

You don't need to feel bad about your anxiety, I bet if most of us admitted it, we've all felt similar feelings especially in the beginning stages of this illness.

kitkatbek
Regular Contributor

Postby kitkatbek » Wed May 19, 2010 3:36 pm

Thank you. The anxiety is not only cdiff but cdiff came right on the tales of acute diverticulitis. Believe me, if you have never had it, it's painful. someone asked me if it was as painful as childbirth (they heard that itwas comparable). I told them NO because I thought childbirth (I have 3 kids) was bone chilling pain. (LOL.) Anyway between 2 bouts of diverticulitis and then the two bouts of cdiff, I like everyone else here is ready for something more positive to happen. I'm ready for a change. My GI told me that I was kind of young (I'm 41) to get diverticulitis. That made me feel wonderful.

kitkatbek
Regular Contributor

Postby kitkatbek » Wed May 19, 2010 3:39 pm

Thanks fire, I'll do that with the treadmill. It hasan IPOD stereo hookup so that will help.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”