Below normal body temp anyone?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
pwood62
Regular Contributor

Postby pwood62 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:11 pm

I was sore for a couple of days after my scope. Its completely normal.
Also my body temp is always 97.5. Dr. says thats perfectly normal for some people. If you have a sinus thing going on you are probably just trying to fight it. Try to relax because stress does a number on your digestive system too.

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Thu May 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Thanks guys...I appreciate it. I know you are right about the stress. Yesterday being my first day back and feeling like everyone was looking at me thinking how thin/bad I look stressed me out. I am taking an antidepressant (celexa) so maybe that will kick in and help settle me down too.
Melanie

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Fri May 21, 2010 6:44 am

Horrible nausea again this morning...Have taken zofran but no relief yet. All I know is my symptoms were MUCH better before the prep and scope. Now I can hardly function.
Melanie

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Fri May 21, 2010 9:14 am

When I went back to work in 2008-09 the first time they called me scarecrow(I lost 35 pounds- got it back now). They know my sense of humor so I got a kick out of it...

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 am

Melanie,

Don't worry about what people are thinking. Believe me, they are so involved in their own life, that they probably didn't give your weight issue a second thought. If they did, they are probably jealous. You will gain your weight back. Have fun working; It's probably the best thing for you. Also, my normal temp. is 97.7 all the time.
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Mon May 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Thanks so much for your encouragement guys....I honestly don't know what I'd do w/o this forum.
Melanie

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Mon May 24, 2010 10:29 pm

You are right, Roy. I am taking charge....glad to know I don't have polyps or anything more serious after the scope due to my family history....but I am done with testing for a while......a good while. I am tired of being stuck and probed and well, you get the picture.

I am just like everyone else on here.....I am ready to be well again. Patience is a virtue that I never quite got the hang of....but I'm having to learn. Time heals....

But I am honestly not as concerned about relapse as you might think. I figure if it happens it happens...but I have learned a lot here. I have been able to have intelligent conversations with the doctors. I have learned about the flora and how to rebuild it slowly...no doctor ever told me that. I have been able to vent and get out my worries and frustrations to people who know what I'm going through. I have learned that I'm not the only one who has nausea and night sweats post-c.diff and that although it totally sucks mud, it is part of the recovery process for some people. I have learned a lot...and mostly I have felt like I wasn't "alone" in this. For that and more, I thank you, Roy, and everyone else who has encouraged me with empathy and straight talk alike.
Melanie

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”