Why can't I sleep? Anyone else?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Why can't I sleep? Anyone else?

Postby MelanieW » Tue May 18, 2010 11:37 am

I wake up 3 to 5 times a night....every night....have ever since this nightmare started. No apparent reason why I wake, and then I can't go back to sleep or just snooze the rest of the evening....which means I am usually running on 4 or 5 hours sleep max everyday. Can anxiety do this? I am taking my xanax right before bed but still wake! Seems so weird, and then that they weren't able to put me "out" during the colonoscopy yesterday...it is like I'm WIRED....but very tired....anyone else?
Melanie

rhona
Regular Contributor

Postby rhona » Tue May 18, 2010 11:51 am

I've been like that since this started too. I wake up every morning at 5am and watch tv. Sometimes I dose back off a bit again before get up. My energy level is okay, now that I am having coffee in the afternoon. But it would be nice sleep a full night. Sometimes I feel I should get out of bed and be productive, but then I am afraid my sleeping pattern won't go back to normal ever. I think it has to eventually catch up with us and go back to normal.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Nothing would give me 4-5 hrs straight sleep as I always wake up every 1-2 hours(even before C diff). Lunesta is a GOD send. I have tried everything else, Ambien, Melatonin, Tylenol PM, warm milk, I always exercise in the morning, I drink no caffeine. Lunesta will knock me out for 3-5 hrs of straight sleep. It is non narcotic, valium won't give me more than 2 hrs sleep so I don't take it much. Pain pills do not make me sleepy either, I work while taking those so I can get to work(when I need to take them). Lunesta just works on my brain better than anything else, dr says she has good reports on it. I first took in 2008 and now again since relapses, it is a prescription in case you have not heard of it...

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Tue May 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Do any of you guys take an antidepressant? Maybe that's what I need. I'll check on the Lunesta. Thanks!
Melanie

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:26 pm

I took Paxil plus Klonopin during my cdiff. That helped me sleep.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”