IBS worsen, need help

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
dawnie31
Contributor

IBS worsen, need help

Postby dawnie31 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 am

Hi, It s been a while that i am dealing with IBS, alternating C and D,but after a week of constipation, i mean I was not completely blocked but I had just tiny stools, I wake up last monday with D, and the D gets worse and worse, with nausea and gas. The thing is that the previous sunday, I went to hospital to visit one of my friend who had and accident and who was sick all nigth, vomiting. I fear I caught something in hospital or that my constipation period seems to end up with D and irritate my GI tractus, I wnet to D avery morning, or even I feel block in the morning with gas and want to go to the bathroom but I can't untill the D comes on its own, I even have to force as if I was constipated but it's D. I don't know what I have, is it a bug I caught in hosptial, though I was with orther friends and they have nothing, or IBS coming back because the visit stressed me, ( I started to feel nauseated in the hospital just seeing my friend like this) , i need your thought about it, I retest for Cdiff and I am waiting for the results, and I have to pass an enteroscan, to see what is going on inside on friday and I am stressed with this tto as I have not quite understood how the exams unfolds? If anyone has passed a enteroscan please tell me, too. Thanks for your answers!

Mia-Mia
Regular Contributor

ibs

Postby Mia-Mia » Tue May 18, 2010 10:44 pm

Dawn i got sick on Saturday too. i have knda the same thng you have too D in the morning. This wll pass. Be patient Today i had and gas this morning tonight am fne give it a few days you will get pass this dont get discouraged.

Bobbie
Administrator

dawnie3l & others

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 18, 2010 10:52 pm

It probably is "just IBS" but I know how you feel as C. diff. left me with it, too. This is why we call it "the gift that keeps on giving."

You are smart to get this checked out, however, if it will give you peace of mind.

Another reminder, posters. Graphic details belong in TMI. If we want to have this site look professional, keep the gory details in one forum to prevent the, "Oh, ick" factor.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:34 am

Dawnie - I am not sure what you mean by enteroscan. Is this a test to look into your stomach or your colon? I have the alternating D and C too ever since I had my procedure 3 months ago. I will be ok for 10-14 days usually, and then get spasms or cramping and wind up with D usually. I'm getting really tired of it, but I don't know what to do and neither does my doctor. One choice for PI-IBS or SIBO is to take antibiotics, but even with Flagyl or Xifaxan, I feel that I will be right back to square one where I started, so I don't want to do this.

You most likely did catch something and Mia's advice is good. Give it a few days and eat a bland diet meanwhile. Hopefully it will pass and your c diff test will be negative. I know how you feel. It is very discouraging and frustrating.

dawnie31
Contributor

Postby dawnie31 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:06 am

thank you for your answers, this morning I wake up again with cramps gas and then D, it has been 10 days without any improvement i am desperate and feel sick all day... What I called enteroscan, is a X ray to see the small intestine with a contrast product, a kind of MRI. Usually my D after C clear within 2 dyas this is why I am feeling a bit confused as my symptoms changed.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:46 am

Hopefully the stool tests that are being done are also checking for other infections you may have - ask your doctor. It sounds like he is running a culture if it is taking a few days.

dawnie31
Contributor

Postby dawnie31 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:20 am

hi, fisrt stool test came back negative for everything, I have 2 more left as I tested for 3 days. Seems IBS again. I am tired of this !!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”